You would not want to break an expensive item at a store so if you better handle them with extra care. Breaking such an item would be a nightmare especially if you do not have the capacity to pay for it.
When you are in vacation you are supposed to relax and forget all your worries. What was supposedly a time to unwind caused a tourist the worst experience of her life. A Chinese woman who was visiting a jade store in Ruili City fainted when she accidentally broke a jade bracelet amounting to 300,000 yuan ($44,110).
According to DailyMail, the female tourist was trying on the bracelet when it accidentally fell on the floor. The precious item cracked and broke into two. The woman’s reaction upon learning the price of the bracelet was caught on camera.
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 2
People in the area tried to calm the tourist down, but she just passed out as a result of her having a panic attack. Her family had to lay her down until she gained consciousness. A kindhearted citizen tried to help her by applying pressure to her upper lip which is a Chinese method of trying to rouse someone from blacking out. She was brought to a hospital and got out fine after having immediate treatment.
Bystanders reported that the family tried to offer the store owner 70,000 but he would not accept it, saying that it was not enough for the item’s worth. An jade expert was consulted and it was revealed that the jade bracelet had an estimated value of 180,000 yuan. The family had to pay the said amount.
In China, Jade is a luxurious item. It signifies good health and long life.
This woman better be careful the next time she wants to try items of high value. Her family would forever remember their trip.